PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : 70-rep sets by ifbb pro kris dim

thegravijia
01-12-08, 00:53
Every blue moon, just to kill a muscle group, to shock it sick with fright at the thought that I'm either going to crush it into mush or it'll resist my assault with brain-sucking growth, I'll progress through my workout as usual. But when I get to my last set, something in my mind snaps, my neural system short-circuits all pain impulses, and I'll finish with a set of 50, 60, even 70 reps. You can't imagine the welding-torch fire this touches off in my muscles.

Normally, my workout ends with a set of high reps of 15 to 20. But when I get to that set, if I decide to hammer that bodypart with a pump it won't forget for months, I'll squeeze 'em out in blocks of 10 reps--nothing less. That means doing 10, taking a deep breath and then moving on to 10 more. If I'm able to do 51, I won't stop until I've done 60. If I'm able to do 61, I won't stop at 62 or 63 or 69. I have to continue to 70.

Few exercises are exempt from 70-rep sets. Squats, deadlifts, rows, laterals, military presses, bench presses, you name it. They all send me home paralyzed, unable to raise my fork for supper or climb the stairs to go to bed. Compound exercises are the worst. With every rep, I'm burning out several limbs or even my entire body. That's a convincing crash course in how quickly strenuous exercise can deplete blood oxygen. It also hints that there's no better cardio workout than 70 nonstop reps. When I'm finished, my lungs are burning worse than if I'd just won a 440-yard sprint. That puts an end to training for the day. At that point, I have to go home.

This is definitely a mind-over-matter workout. You have to realize going in that what you think will be your last rep is never your last rep. When you're doing very high reps, you can always do one more, so you have to keep going. I never try these unless I have a spotter--not to help me get my last rep--but to catch me when I collapse. I go until everything is numb. Even when it feels as though I no longer have that bodypart, I have to imagine my muscles continuing to flex and my limbs continuing to move. Somehow they do, as if they have a life of their own. All the while, my spotter is standing by, ready to catch me when my legs buckle. I always push myself until I collapse like a melted Gumby or until the bar crashes down on my chest, shoulders, face or whatever else stops its fall.

How do I keep going? When I'm convinced that I've just done my last rep, I'm hit with a psychological moment that I can explain only as a revelation, a voice from I don't know where that says, "Go ahead and quit, but remember that somebody else, somewhere, is training harder than you. He's getting in those extra 10 reps that you're not, and that's the edge he'll have on you when you two meet onstage." That does it. I'm good for another 10.

An impending contest helps. I was able to do a lot of 70-rep sets in prep for the Mr. Olympia. My motivation was at an all-time high, so I wanted to go for even more--80, 90, 100. Realizing that I was getting an ideal pump with 70 reps, I chose not to mess with success. Instead, I tried to increase my mass and density by using heavier weights, while keeping my reps at 60 or 70. In five months, I added five pounds of leaner and thicker muscle mass--and I'm talking contest weight. That puts me at 210 pounds at a height of 5'4".

These high reps have taught me a lot about human limits or, rather, the absence of them, as well as the willpower to overcome them. I've noticed that on days when I think I'm too weak or tired to go heavy, if I make myself start a 70-rep set, by the 40th rep, I'm on my way, and nothing can stop me. It's all in the mind.

KRIS DIM'S NTRAINING SPLIT

WEEK ONE
Sunday Rest
Monday Back, rear delts
Tuesday Chest, front delts
Wednesday Quads
Thursday Arms, calves
Friday Traps, hamstrings
Saturday Back, rear delts

WEEK TWO
Sunday Rest
Monday Quads
Tuesday Chest, front delts
Wednesday Back, rear delts
Thursday Traps, hamstrings
Friday Arms, calves
Saturday Quads

KRIS DIM'S 70-REP QUAD WORKOUT

EXERCISE SETS REPS

Leg extensions 4 8-20
Leg presses 4 8-12
Hack squats 3 8-12
Squats 4 8-70
BY KRIS DIM

thegravijia
01-12-08, 01:14
αν μπορει καποιος ας το μεταφρασει..!

RUHL
01-12-08, 09:25
για ποιο λογο ?

60-70-80-90-100 φτου και βγαινω χοντρε σλαινε σε βλεπω πησω απο το δεντρο βγαις :lol: