PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : Your nutritional game plan: Dorian Yates and Kris Dim debate the best strategies to h

thegravijia
13-04-09, 12:51
Your nutritional game plan: Dorian Yates and Kris Dim debate the best strategies to help you grow and get ripped

Dorian Yates is famous for his 1990s blue-collar approach to bodybuilding training and nutrition. He is also one of the most successful bodybuilders in history, winning six consecutive Mr. Olympia titles (1992-97) with a package of freaky voluminous muscle mass.
Kris Dim, 32, earned his pro card in 2003, and he last competed at the 2005 Mr. O. Aesthetics seemingly may be out of vogue at the moment on bodybuilding stages, but they're very much in for the rest of us, meaning Dim's views on dialing in are extremely relevant.
Put these two great bodybuilders together, and you get the benefit of old-school and new-era answers to the age-old question of how best to manipulate a dietary strategy both for mass and for cuts.

Here, Yates and Dim give their personal philosophies on bodybuilding nutrition, and FLEX dissects their responses to help you find common ground.

QUESTION #1
How important is nutrition to a trainer?
DORIAN YATES: Too many bodybuilders like to say bodybuilding is 70% or 80% nutrition, but my contention is that when you quantify it this way, you misrepresent both nutrition and the other aspects of bodybuilding. Training, mental focus, nutrition and supplementation are all inextricable and essential elements of bodybuilding. No single component is more important than another, and each is dependent on the others.
This means that nutrition is 100% essential to success as a bodybuilder, but worthless without all the other elements of bodybuilding. If your training, mental focus and supplementation are perfect, but your nutrition is poor, your bodybuilding results will be poor. The same can be said of each of the other elements of bodybuilding.

KRIS DIM: Nutrition is like math. You need all the right numbers to get the right answer. Too many bodybuilders don't do everything they can with their nutrition programs, and their results aren't as good as they could be.
You can't underestimate the importance of nutrition. It takes all your effort all day long to feed your body properly as a bodybuilder. Young bodybuilders think bodybuilding is about the training but, for me, success onstage is even more about nutrition. The training is a given. What you do with your nutrition program is the biggest variable in your ability to succeed as a bodybuilder.

COMMON GROUND
Nutrition is one of the keys to success as a bodybuilder. Pay as much attention to nutrition as you do to the other elements of your bodybuilding program.

QUESTION #2
How much should a bodybuilder eat each day for growth?

YATES: If your goal is to add mass, and you are currently consuming enough calories for bodyweight maintenance, your first job is to determine how much you are eating. Write down every food and the quantity of that food that you eat each day for four or five days. Be sure one of these is a weekend day, as many people eat much differently on the weekends.
Next, calculate how many calories are in each of the foods and total up the calories for each day. Then, take the average. This should give you a good representation of how many calories you consume each day for maintenance.
If your goal is to gain muscle mass, you must eat more than this to accomplish this goal. My recommendation is to eat only 10% more than your maintenance intake. If you normally eat 3,000 calories a day for bodyweight maintenance, you should consume 300 more calories, or 3,300 calories a day, to add muscle mass.
Many trainers will tell you to eat far more than this, but my belief is that muscle mass is added slowly and consistently. When you consume 3,300 calories on a regular basis, you will add the same amount of muscle mass that you would by eating 4,000 calories a day. The difference is that by eating less food, you won't add as much bodyfat.

DIM: I don't base my bodybuilding diet on a certain number of calories per day. Some days your body burns more calories than on others, so eating a predetermined number of calories won't always be enough to keep you growing.
If you're not happy with the results you're getting, then you should eat more than you're currently eating. Of course, what you eat is just as important as how much you eat, so you have to make certain you're eating quality foods, as well. The core of my diet is built around lean protein sources, such as fish, chicken, steak and eggs.
For carbs, emphasize slow-burning sources, such as oatmeal, brown rice and yams. If you eat plenty of these foods, you'll be giving your body the quantity of quality nutrients it needs for optimal growth.

COMMON GROUND
Determine how much you need to eat each day for maintenance, and exceed that amount of food, emphasizing quality protein and slow-burning carb sources.
QUESTION #3
How many meals should a bodybuilder eat every day? How much protein?

YATES: Don't underestimate the importance of protein consumption. A bodybuilder needs plenty of protein each day to provide the amino acids necessary to maintain muscle growth. At a minimum, you need to consume one gram (g) of protein per pound of bodyweight each day. This is true whether you're shedding bodyfat, adding muscle mass or taking a break from training.

In fact, you may want to eat even more protein during a layoff to help maintain your muscle mass. Consuming plenty of protein each day helps protect muscle mass from breakdown, regardless of the phase you are in.
As far as meals go, a bodybuilder should consume food every two to three hours while awake. At each of these meals, you should consume protein. Divide up your day according to a schedule that you know you will be able to follow without deviation. This may mean you are eating as many as eight times a day.
Once you have your daily meal plan in place, divide your protein intake equally so you are consuming the same amount of protein at each of these meals to ensure that you have a constant and consistent flow of amino acids in your system.

DIM: You should eat several meals a day, and you should eat protein at every meal. Getting in enough protein is the most fundamental part of a bodybuilding diet. I take in as much as 60 g of protein at every meal, both in the offseason and when I'm dieting for a show.
I also eat several meals a day--as many as seven. In the offseason, you can get by with three or four whole-food meals and three shakes a day. When you're dieting, the more whole-food meals, the better. I consume five meals and three shakes or six meals and two shakes when I'm dieting for a contest.
COMMON GROUND
Take in protein every two to three hours at each meal every day. When dieting, emphasize more whole-food meals.

QUESTION #4
What techniques or tricks should a trainer include in his diet?
YATES: I'm not a big believer in "tricks" for any aspect of bodybuilding. My contention is that these strategies are there only to make up for other weaknesses in a bodybuilding regimen. If you do the necessary work in the gym and with your nutrition, you should not need "tricks" to help you get bigger or to get you in shape.
As far as techniques, I believe that discipline and consistency are paramount. I'm not sure if these are "techniques" or not, but that is what you should concentrate on.

DIM: I like to manipulate my carb intake when I'm dieting to keep my energy level up. If you feel lousy and overdepleted, you may need more carbs in your diet to help you train and to keep you from being overdieted. At the same time, if you take in a lot of carbs, that can work against your goal of shedding bodyfat. If I am in this situation, I increase my carbs and my cardio. If you add 200 calories of carbs [50 g of carbs] and burn off 200 calories doing cardio, you'll not only feel better, but you'll continue to make progress on your diet.
COMMON GROUND
Avoid becoming overdepleted by avoiding overdieting. You can either keep your diet moderate--a small decrease in daily caloric intake--or you can manipulate caloric intake by balancing high-carb days with cardio training.

QUESTION #5
What's the best calorie count for getting shredded, and why?
YATES: As with muscle gain, I believe in a slow deliberate approach to shedding bodyfat. A contest diet should last about 16 weeks (although it may be shorter the first time around), and it should put you into a calorie deficit on a daily basis. If you eat 3,000 calories for bodyweight maintenance, you should reduce your calories by about only 300, or 10%, for dieting--taking in a total of 2,700 calories each day.

At the same time, you need to bump up your protein consumption. I consumed in excess of 1 g per pound of bodyweight each day when I was dieting. You can target 1 1/4 g per pound, meaning a 200-pound bodybuilder should eat 250 g of protein each day. This necessitates cutting calories from your carbohydrate and fat consumption.
I recommend splitting the difference between these two groups--in other words, reduce both carbs and fats in your diet. One of the easiest ways to reduce fats is to rely on less fatty forms of protein. Reduce consumption of egg yolks and red meat in favor of egg whites and leaner meats, such as fish, chicken and turkey breasts. For carbs, cut back on those that are fast-digesting, especially later in the day. You can remove a slice of bread from your sandwiches and reduce portions of potatoes and white rice.

DIM: Shedding bodyfat is more than just manipulating numbers. It's also about how your body is responding and how you look. As you gain more dieting experience, it's important to stay on top of how you're looking and feeling during the course of a diet.
A mirror is one of the biggest dieting tools for me. When you have some experience, you should know what you should look like every week during the diet to ensure that your diet is working. If you don't look good in a mirror, you won't look good onstage. Make adaptations based on your appearance throughout your diet to make sure you will be at your competitive best.
COMMON GROUND
Strictly follow a numbers game while also incorporating visual cues from a mirror to help you make adjustments in your fat-shedding program.

QUESTION #6
What modifications should a bodybuilder make based on bodytype?
YATES: If you build a nutrition plan that overemphasizes your bodytype, you are probably overthinking your nutrition program. A bodybuilding nutrition program is a difficult endeavor because of its demands, but, frankly, the science behind a diet is very easy to implement regardless of bodytype. Rather than obsess about what differences you should make in your diet compared to others, I think you should focus on what you should do that everyone else should do, too.
Emphasize eating the proper amount of calories and protein each day, whether you're shedding bodyfat or adding muscle mass. Do this and you will make the advances you seek, independent of your genetics, which you cannot change through diet strategies.

DIM: I think the success of a diet has a lot more to do with the diet itself than with the bodytype. If you don't like the look you're getting from your diet, the only thing you can do is make adjustments in your diet.
As far as creating a different look for your body, you'll have a lot more success with that through your training than with diet. You can hide flaws through some training strategies--for example, you can disguise a thicker waist by widening your body. Dieting isn't going to be as effective at changing your weaknesses as training will.

peris
13-04-09, 22:56
ενδιαφερον αν καταλαβαιναμε και τι ελεγε θα ηταν ακομα καλυτερα:lol::^^::-P:-P:turtle:

thegravijia
13-04-09, 22:57
ενδιαφερον αν καταλαβαιναμε και τι ελεγε θα ηταν ακομα καλυτερα:lol::^^::-P:-P:turtle:
τι δεν καταλαβες

NASSER
13-04-09, 23:24
τι δεν καταλαβες

Aπο το να αντιγραψεις ενα αρθρο, θα μπορουσες να δωσεις μια περιληψη στα ελληνικα και επειτα να αναφερεις και την πηγη σου.